Super Lawyers - Badge
Houstonia Top Lawyers 2019 - Badge
Houstonia Top Lawyers 2018 - Badge
Top 10 Attorney - Attorney and Practice Magazine's - Badge
Avvo Rating 10 Top Attorney - Badge
American Immigration Lawyers Association - Badge
Houston Young Lawyers Association - Badge

Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA)


The Deferred Action for Parental Accountability, otherwise known as DAPA or Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents, was announced on November 20, 2014 when President Barack Obama issued an executive order stating that the United States Department of Homeland Security will not prioritize to deport specific parents of United States citizens and parents of lawful permanent resident children.


You can apply for DAPA if:

  1. You are the parent of a United States citizen or lawful permanent resident child;
  2. Have continuously resided in the United States since January 1, 2010;
  3. You were in the United States at the time when President Obama announced the program (November 20, 2014);
  4. You did not have lawful immigration status at the time when President Obama announced the program (November 20, 2014);
  5. At the time you apply for DAPA you still do not have any lawful immigration status;
  6. Have not been convicted of specific criminal offenses.

If you do not think you meet all of these requirements you may be eligible for a waiver to forgive a crime on your record. Our law firm will assist you in gathering the necessary evidence to prove that you are eligible for DAPA. Give us a call to better understand your eligibility.


As of the beginning of March 2015, applications for DAPA are still not being accepted. You can still call our law firm to get the newest information available on the program. We would be happy to speak with you and inform you on the new program. We can put you on a list to contact if the program becomes available!

Even if you find yourself in removal proceedings you will still be eligible for DAPA. If you are in removal proceedings we will help you file your DAPA application with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services unless you are in immigration detention. We will do everything we can to have your case administratively closed so that we can have time to get your DAPA application approved.

Our law firm will work with you and give you examples of different types of evidence the government will use to consider whether you meet the eligibility requirements for DAPA.


If you are granted DAPA you will be entitled to many benefits including being able to:

  • Legally reside in the United States for a renewable period of 3 years;
  • Legally work in the United States for a renewable period of 3 years;
  • Travel within the United States; and
  • Apply and obtain a social security number.

What the Law Office of Armand Jawanmardi Can Do for You

Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA) is an incredible program that will be able to help millions of parents remain in the United States and have legal status. The program will also give these parents a work permit for 3 years. DAPA is meant to keep families united and not force them to be separated. Our law firm wants to be by your family’s side to make sure that remain together.

You need and deserve a law firm and an attorney who will stand by your side through the deferred action process. We want to have the honor of representing you. Please contact The Law Office of Armand Jawanmardi for a consultation on what you can expect when applying for DAPA and what we can do for you at (713) 999-9115. We are always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions.

Client Reviews

Llamé al abogado de inmigración Armand porque no sabía que tenía una orden de deportación. Nunca recibí un aviso de que tenía que ir a la corte y el juez continuó mi audiencia sin mí y me ordenó deportada. Me reuní con Armand en su oficina y rápidamente investigó mi caso y presentó una moción para...

Ismelda R.

We found Armand through a friend who recommended him and had a great experience using his services. My husband was detained by immigration because they came to the wrong house but found that he was living in the United States without documentation. I was desperate and called Armand for help. I was...

Jennifer L.

Mi hijo fue arrestado por conducir sin licencia y luego la inmigración fue a buscarlo mientras estaba en la cárcel. Inmigración lo trasladó a un centro de detención que estaba sucio y no lo alimentaron. Queríamos sacarlo rápidamente. Llamamos a Armand y en unas pocas semanas el juez ya le dio una...

Javier M.

If you need a legal service, you should hire my Attorney Armand Jawanmardi. He is from Texas. He is the best, very professional. He took care of my Adjustment of Status case. He answers all the questions and everything we need to know, and when you email him, he answers right away. Thank you so much...

Jay E.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Se Habla Español
  2. 2 Trusted & Highly Recommended Worldwide
  3. 3 Call Now!

Fill out the contact form or call us at (713) 999-9115 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message