Super Lawyers - Badge
Houstonia Top Lawyers 2019 - Badge
Houstonia Top Lawyers 2018 - Badge
Top 10 Attorney - Attorney and Practice Magazine's - Badge
Avvo Rating 10 Top Attorney - Badge
American Immigration Lawyers Association - Badge
Houston Young Lawyers Association - Badge

Tourist Visa (B-2 Visa)


Tourist visas, otherwise known as a B-2 visa, are for individuals who do not have an intent to immigrate to the United States but wish to enter the country for recreational activities that are familial, service, or social in nature.


To apply for a B-2 tourist visa Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application must be accurately filled and filed. It is critical that the Form not have any errors because once it is submitted the applicant cannot make any changes to it.

Next, the applicant will pay the required visa fee. The applicant will then need to schedule two different appoints – an appointment with the Visa Application Center (VAC) and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s home country.

Our law office has the experience required to assist you through this process and will inform you of all of the required items you will have to bring with you to the visa interview. This is typically the most challenging part of the application process because many visas are denied at the interview stage.


In order to qualify for a B-2 tourist visa you must be admissible as a person in one of the following categories:

  • Tourist;
  • Visiting friends and/or relative socially;
  • Entering for health and/or medical purposes;
  • Participating in conventions of social organizations;
  • Participating in amateur musical, social, or similar events with no renumeration;
  • Dependent of U.S. Armed Forces personnel;
  • Accompanying D or B-1 aliens;
  • Coming to the U.S. to marry a United States citizen but will later depart the U.S.;
  • Coming to the U.S. to marry nonimmigrant. You will then obtain your spouse’s derivative status.

Keep in mind that a tourist visa will not allow you to work or study in the United States. It is simply a recreational visa that will allow you to be here for a limited time for nonimmigrant purposes. The moment you work or study in the United States you will be in violation of your visa status and will face consequences. Therefore, it is extremely important to consult with our law firm to ensure this type of visa is the right fit for you.


If you are granted a tourist visa you are entitled to numerous benefits including but not limited to:

  • The right to visit the United States and engage in recreational and social activities;
  • Visit friends and relatives;
  • Make business investments; and
  • Sightseeing

What the Law Office of Armand Jawanmardi Can Do for You

Our law firm will schedule a phone or in-person consultation with you to determine whether you would be a good candidate for a B-2 tourist visa.

You need and deserve a law firm and an attorney who will stand by your side through the tourist visa process and defend your right to visit the United States with undying passion. We want to have the honor of representing you. Please contact The Law Office of Armand Jawanmardi for a consultation on what you can expect when applying for a B-2 tourist visa and what we can do for you at (713) 999-9115. We are always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions.

Client Reviews

Llamé al abogado de inmigración Armand porque no sabía que tenía una orden de deportación. Nunca recibí un aviso de que tenía que ir a la corte y el juez continuó mi audiencia sin mí y me ordenó deportada. Me reuní con Armand en su oficina y rápidamente investigó mi caso y presentó una moción para...

Ismelda R.

We found Armand through a friend who recommended him and had a great experience using his services. My husband was detained by immigration because they came to the wrong house but found that he was living in the United States without documentation. I was desperate and called Armand for help. I was...

Jennifer L.

Mi hijo fue arrestado por conducir sin licencia y luego la inmigración fue a buscarlo mientras estaba en la cárcel. Inmigración lo trasladó a un centro de detención que estaba sucio y no lo alimentaron. Queríamos sacarlo rápidamente. Llamamos a Armand y en unas pocas semanas el juez ya le dio una...

Javier M.

If you need a legal service, you should hire my Attorney Armand Jawanmardi. He is from Texas. He is the best, very professional. He took care of my Adjustment of Status case. He answers all the questions and everything we need to know, and when you email him, he answers right away. Thank you so much...

Jay E.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Se Habla Español
  2. 2 Trusted & Highly Recommended Worldwide
  3. 3 Call Now!

Fill out the contact form or call us at (713) 999-9115 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message